Friday, March 13, 2009

Would love to be a SAHM

Everything is fine with princess G. She is doing well. We had her weighed and measured yesterday at the Early Years Centre (EYC) and she is 14lbs 11oz (95th percentile - poor thing has my genetics) and 24" long (75th percentile). I ended up sitting and chatting for a bit at the EYC with adults. It was nice. There were other moms there, but they left as we were coming in. It's a really neat place and I think it will be wonderful once she's able to sit up on her own and play a bit more.
I'm getting used to not working. Really used to it. I didn't think that I would be able to relax and enjoy it since I've been working since I was 17 without more than a 2 week holiday but no trouble here!! I'm actually trying to think of ways on how we can work it out for me to stay home. We have been talking about it seriously. So many things to consider though. I think we are going to try and sit with a financial counselor to figure out how we can help ourselves and benefits that may be available.
I'm trying to think of ways to make a little extra $$ - part time job or odd jobs here and there. Maybe even babysitting (daycare) but only 1 or 2 other kiddies. I'm concentrating on my sewing right now. So far I've made a reversible flannel blanket for Grace with an Elmo print. Too cute!!
But if I can get better, then maybe do some sewing work. And of course, I should really get back into my catering. I used to do pretty well with it. I stopped because most of my jobs were about 90 mins from my place, so I would end up spending more on gas. But I will try to promote myself around here. I have her baptism at the end of April, so that will be my testing ground to see if I still have "it".
I think that being a SAHM is something that I will be working towards. I guess being a child from a SAHM home, I loved it and want to give that to my children.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker