It's happening all at once and I really don't like it.
After dealing with lots of poop since Saturday, I took the princess to see the pedi and the pedi seems to think that she has a viral infection that we just have to let run its course. So we are stuck dealing with the several poops a day and at all hours. Definitely not fun, especially since I have gotten used to sleeping for 6 hours at a stretch.
But to top things off, my 7 yr old cat is sick. He hasn't had anything to eat or drink since Tuesday. I took him to the vet today and had blood work and x-rays done to see what it was. His blood work came back fine. The xrays just helped to eliminate a lot of possibilities. So the vet has it narrowed down to an upset stomach from stress or something he ate. Or it could be pancreatitis. So we are giving him the generic brand of pepcid ac to help if it is an upset stomach and a pain reliever if it is the pancreatitis. He also was given an IV for fluids as he was slightly dehydrated. So, he's home now but still hasn't had anything to eat or drink and has not been to the kitty litter. The vet is supposed to call tomorrow to see if anything has changed.
He's definitely not himself at all. I'm really worried and stressed. I don't do well with loss at all and it is killing me to think that I might lose him. Some people may say that it's just a cat, but my pets are family members. So I feel like such crap right now. I really hate this.

No comments:
Post a Comment