Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A little bit of everything

With the weather becoming more like spring, I'm getting the bug to do so much!!
Princess had a flu bug, we think. She was a pooping machine 1/2 of Sat, Sunday and 1/2 of Monday. We'll see what today brings. I think she caught this when I went to my MIL's sister's place. There were sick people there. Even though I wasn't going to go because of said sick people, I was assured they would not be there. But of course, they were. I'm still pissed about it. I went against my better judgement to please other people. Let me tell you, that's the end of that. I know that people judge me because I"m sure they think that I'm too protective or overbearing, but you know what...tough!! I'm the mommy. Ok - enough about that.
I'm still sewing. I made a bib that took like less than an hour. It looks great!! I just need some NICE material. There are 2 places to buy material where I live - 1 is Wallymart and the other a sewing store. Neither one has nice material that is "in style". It's kind of old granny-ish, which makes sense since there are a lot of quilters of a certain age bracket where i live. I'm going to have to go for a drive really soon to either MTL or OTT. I need some nice material. I think Denis is actually impressed with what I have done so far. Maybe when I've done a few more things, I will take some pictures.
Oh and speaking of pictures, I am sending them out today! So look for one in the mail real soon!! I still haven't scanned any of the pics in yet - but I will harass Denis to do it.
One last thing - I'm going to be trying a new slow cooker recipe this week. It's actually from Martha Stewart's Every day Food magazine. It's called Indian braised chicken. If it's tasty, I will post it.
That's about it for now :)

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker