I don't think I have ever been this scared in my life - EVER.
After giving Grace her bath, I was going through our normal routine of putting on some baby lotion when she started flailing. Her arms and legs were going a mile a minute. I thought it was because the cream was cold and she was reacting to it. Then I saw the look of panic in her eyes - she wasn't breathing. OMG!!! She was in my arms in 2 seconds and Denis was down the stairs with us 2 seconds later. Just as he got there, she threw up. She's been OK ever since but let me tell you, it's going to be tough to sleep tonight. She's sleeping right now, but on an incline in her bouncy chair. It's going to be a very long night.
That is the scariest thing I have ever experienced. The look on her face, I couldn't help but just cry as I was holding her after. Denis told me to pull it together because it was affecting her. And he was right. Once I was calm, she was calm.
I can't believe there are going to be more of these times to come.
Talk about stressed...

No comments:
Post a Comment