It's hard to believe, but our little girl is 2 months old already. She had her shots yesterday and a weigh in. Grace now weighs about 12lbs and measures 23 inches. The doctor said that her weight gain is excellent and her growth is good. The doctor checked her over and Grace was not happy at all. Don't think I have ever seen her this upset when food was not involved. Once we were able to calm her down, the shots were administered. There were 2 shots total. The first one was fine - she didn't even flinch. The DR warned us that the 2nd one burns when it is given. And of course, Grace cried for a few seconds and then was fine. We gave her a bottle during the shots to try and keep her comforted - seems to have worked. Once we left the office, she fell asleep and slept for about 4 1/2 hours. I woke her up to feed her. She seemed fine, only her leg was a little red. I did give her some tempra and she followed her normal routine.
The only thing I'm not happy about these days is that Grace doesn't get enough naps in. So, I am going to go back and read my Baby Whisperer to see if I can improve on her sleep. Apparantly, napping during the day can actually help a baby sleep better at night. Who knows, maybe Grace would be sleeping her nights if we had better naps during the day!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment