Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Did a little cooking today

I was so tired this morning when Grace and I got up, but after a little nap, I had the urge to cook.
It has been a while since I've really felt like it.
So, I made a salsa chip dip, broccoli salad and finally a rice dish. The broccoli salad is a recipe from Denis' family but the rice, I made it up. Although, I'm sure it's not an original recipe or anything but I had an idea in my head and ran with it! I substituted the water with the liquid from a can of diced tomatoes and the rest with chicken broth. Cooked the rice as I normally would. In the meantime, I chopped up some red, green and orange peppers along with some mushrooms. Sauteed them and added the remaining can of diced tomatoes. Cooked it on high to reduce the liquid, then added the cooked rice. It was very tasty! So much so, that I decided to change what was going to be for supper. Denis doesn't know it yet but he is BBQ'ing some pork chops!! The 2 paired together along with a nice salad will be great!

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker