There is so much going on in my head these days.
We are working on finalizing when we will have the baptism. And of course the party that goes along with it! Denis and I were brought up differently when it comes to things like this. His family keep everything to just immediate family and very quiet. I, on the other hand, come from a family that celebrates everything together!! And seeing how my relatives have already asked about it, we are having a big gathering. My family is so big that we may have to rent a hall!! Luckily there is one right behind the church. I also have to think about picking up baptism invitations and send those out.
Tomorrow is picture pick up day!! Can't wait!! I will definitely scan them so I can send them out. Then I have to buy some cards so that I can send around some originals. Hard to find out my way, there isn't too much in the way of stores.
I want to put together a brag book for both my Dad and MIL. So I have to have some pics printed off and of course I want to start working on her scrapbook...
And I've had a few sad moments as of late, which I know I shouldn't what with all the happiness in my life at the moment. But I just can't help but think of how much I miss my Mom. She would have loved being a part of this. And I also miss being able to talk to her about stuff. My MIL is very sweet and easy to talk to but it's not the same. I really do think about her and miss her a lot these days. And I guess it doesn't help that none of my extended family or friends, that live about an hour away, have even bothered to come out for a visit. Then I get the guilt trip from my Nan because I am not picking one of my Mom's sisters to be a godmother...they haven't even called to see how Grace is doing!!!
And to boot, Denis has found out that he is now working weekends...so he works this weekend - both days and then works again March 28th and 29th. So trying to plan the baptism has now become even more complicated because we haven't found out his schedule for April.
OK, I feel much better now that it is out of my head!
Sorry for going on and on...and of course for being all over the place! Like I said, there's a lot going on in my head lol

No comments:
Post a Comment