Lately, Grace has been fussy and not sleeping all that much during the day. She also has been eating a little here and there. Denis called me down yesterday morning and asked what I thought might be wrong. She was crying to eat, he would give her the bottle and then a few mins later, start turning her head from side to side. The nipple flow was not happening. And when I would unclog it, it barely came out. It was then that we decided to take out the fast flow nipples.
According to the manufacturer, the fast flow are for 6 months and older. Well, our little princess loves them. With the slow nipples, it would take anywhere from 30-45min to feed her a 5-6oz bottle. With the fast flow, it takes anywhere from 5-15min. What a difference. She's a little messy with the bottle because she is still getting used to the flow, but she is very happy. She's been sleeping a little better during the day today and I think it's because she's actually filling up her belly!! The night time feed last night was a challenge because she isn't awake enough to eat that fast but when I switched to the slow, she let me know she didn't like it :)
So we'll see how it goes. She is still waking up around 2-2:30am, but I think that it's a habit now instead of hunger. I'm hoping that she will grow out of this. I am also going to try and cluster feed at night - see if that does anything. It'll be tough because I am usually in bed about 30 min after she is, around 8:30pm.
I'm hoping that Grace will be one of those textbook babies that will sleep through the night by 3 months. I'm not holding my breath though!!

No comments:
Post a Comment