So May 20th was our first prenatal visit. It was great. I live in a small town and I guess they don't see too many situations like mine since the nurse/receptionist was so excited to see me. She said that she was so glad to see the referral come through from the RE. That was nice to hear!
Stepped on the scale to see the damage of not following Weight Watchers and believe it or not, I lost a pound. I will have to update my weight loss ticker lol.
We were the first appointment for Dr. E and he was another surprise. He was over the moon about us being pregnant. Hubby and I couldn't get over how genuinely excited he was for us.
So we talked about what we had seen with the RE and he said he wanted to see for himself. HUH?!? I wasn't expecting an ultrasound in his office!! So needless to say we were both giddy to have another glance at Baby Hammie. So it was a full house for this movie - myself, hubby, Dr. E, medical student sitting in and the nurse. It was a nice sight. The baby measured 11 weeks yesterday - about 3.78 cm. We saw the little heart beating like crazy - awesome. We were also able to see arms and legs. What a relief to know that everything is still moving along.
We talked for a bit afterwards and he has put in the high risk catagory for my pregnancy. He basically said that he will be monitoring me closely because of how long it took us to get to this point and also because of the PCOS, I am at a higher risk of developing high blood pressure and then of course once he found out that both my mother and grandmother had high blood pressure, he said that doesn't help either.
He basically told my hubby to pamper me. :) I know he will.
Dr.E has put my EDD at Dec 11th. So I guess we'll see :)
We have decided to do the IPS screening offered in Ontario for Downs, Trisomety 18 (?), and neural tube defects. I told the Doc, no amnio. And he agreed. But we are going to do the u/s and b/w to see if there is anything off. This way here, we can prepare ourselves if anything. The wait for the results is going to be tough, but if we don't do it, it would be even tougher.
On another note, my hubby sees a specialist today for his foot. He has an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. I won't be able to take him but I'm sure all will be fine. He's still hobbling around with crutches. The wonderful colours are coming out now - the blues, purples and greens. I think that's a good sign - things are healing.

2 comments:
That's awesome San!
When are you going to post belly shots! I need my belly shots!!!
Not too sure you are gonna wanna see belly shots of me...not so much baby belly yet as it is fat belly lol
Post a Comment