FINALLY!
My hubby and I are still cautiously excited.
We haven't really told anyone yet other than immediate families and one of my very good friends. We have been too afraid to say it. Almost as if we would jinx it. But, my very good friend reminded me that I should be enjoying this time. (thank you)
So... I will. I'll start by blogging about it first :)
So here's the story about what's been happening.
We had decided to POAS back on April 13th. And it came back positive. We were both in shock and disbelief. After peeing on who knows how many sticks over the years, it was a complete surprise. I had a few odd symptoms like sore teeth and sore boobs, which I never have, but I didn't really suspect that we were preggers. I called the RE who had us come in on April 15th to do a blood test and they called us back the very same day to confirm it! Hubby and I were very happy to know because the suspense would have drove us insane.
We announced it to my Dad and his Mom on the 13th of April. And then announced it to his Dad and brothers on April 26th.
The RE kept my same appointment for May 1st, making it an OB u/s.
I've been experiencing lotsa different symptoms which is OK because it let's me know that Baby Hammie is still doing his/her thing. TMI coming up!! I've had nausea, insomnia, cramps, and gas. I have also been exhausted like crazy and have had very sore boobs. But I am not complaining at all.
The u/s on May 1st was amazing. We were both in awe of what we saw. I will post a pic of the print out but it's very hard to see. We were able to see the heartbeat and hear it - amazing!
On Thurs. May 1st, the baby measured 7 weeks and 6 days and his/her heartbeat was 167 beats per minute. The doctor was very happy with this. So much so, that I have been released to my regular OB. Our first prenatal appointment is May 20th. Can't wait. I just want to hear the heartbeat again to be sure all is OK.
Oh and our due date is December 12th. An early Christmas present :)
That's the scoop with me.
Here's the u/s pic. The baby's head is on the right side. The arms and legs are just buds atm and hard to see.

2 comments:
Wheeeee! I am so stoked San! Can I let people know? Like my folks and stuff? Did you see the little ticker that I have on my blog for you? Just so I can keep track.
I'm going to let our families know this weekend. So anytime starting Sunday afternoon...you can let your family know. Facebook is evil for that stuff so I'm probably going to remove my wall. I don't want people that I went to high school with to know that stuff...
So Sunday afternoon - you can spread the joy! Thanks so much E
I will check out the ticker ASAP!!!
Post a Comment