Tuesday, June 2, 2009

6 months old already

Our lil princess is 6 months old today and I can't say it enough, time is flying. I think back to this day 6 months ago and wow. And to see her now and all that she can do. It just blows me away. She can sit on her own now but can't pull herself into the sitting position just yet. She's not too far off though. And she is rolling and scurrying all over the place. It's crazy. I am trying different things in the way of solids to see what she likes. She's not a big fan of the pureed food, so I thought I would give baby led weaning (BLW) a try. So I mix them both. She likes to hold and munch on cucumber (with no seeds) and tonight I gave her a spear of roasted sweet potato and she loved that too. The gagging kinda freaked DH out a bit, but she's fine and so is he :)
I think I will continue to do both. I don't force anything on her. I do however try a food more than once. I would prefer her to be eating what we eat, even if I puree it instead of the jar stuff.
But I am trying out stuff in the jars first - to see if she likes it. Then I can make it myself. We also have this wonderful product out here called La Mere Poule, which is "homemade" food in individual servings. It's kept in the freezer section and some of it is even organic. So I think I may buy some of it as back up. But for now, I'll keep going with the little bits of jar and BLW.
It's still a little overwhelming trying to figure out what to give her and when, but I'm sure she will be fine.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker