I knew years ago that there was something wrong with my body, something just wasn't right. When I did go and see a Dr about it, her response to me was buy a house or adopt a child. I just about cried when she said that. So I went on dealing with the "something is off" feeling. When my DH and I decided to start working on a family and stopped the bcp, that's when it really came to light. I was finally diagnosed in Aug 2006 with PCOS. However, I didn't really have time to work on the PCOS, everything was about getting pregnant. When we finally got pregnant, then I concentrated on that. Now that we are not currently TTC, I am going to be working on the PCOS. I have started back on the Metformin and Omega 3-6-9. I am also starting to watch what I eat. The next thing to tackle will be the exercise. I'm hoping that once DD starts sleeping a little more, I will have the energy to do so. It will be nice to get this PCOS under control. I would like to have the dark skin patches go away and the mood swings disappear. I will continue to do my homework and read up on it and see how else I can change things. I already know that I have to eliminate most prepared foods from my diet as some of the contents affect my hormones which need to be kept level.
So this will be my new focus...of course aside from my adorable baby girl!

No comments:
Post a Comment