I can't believe how fast she is growing. We had our first official smile on Tuesday. Not a "I've got gas" smile or a "I'm falling asleep and dreaming" smile, but an honest smile. I went out for the first time since she was born without her. When I came back and spoke to her, she turned and smiled at me. What an incredible feeling!
My body is used to the lack of sleep and I'm not so grumpy anymore. I mean I do have my moments but I think all in all, I'm better. She is awake more during the day which is fun. And then she will sleep a stretch of about 5-6 hours. The only trouble is that she sleeps this stretch from about 5-6pm until midnight. I'm not complaining, don't get me wrong, but we will eventually try to fix it and have her sleep 12am to 6am. We'll see how it goes.
My DH hurt his ankle today at work. He slipped on some ice that was hidden beneath the snow. So he came home at lunch and we are going to the Dr. tomorrow to see when he should go back. So that changes things a little. If he is off work for a while, then that puts both of us at 55% of our salary. Definitely a challenge.
I will also be going to the Early Years centre close to us tomorrow. There are nurses there that we can visit with and they will measure and weigh your baby and answer any questions that a parent may have. It is also a place where the kids can play together and the parents can chat. It will be fun once my DD is a little older.
I'm anxious to see how much our little monster weighs!!

No comments:
Post a Comment