Sunday, October 19, 2008

Going into week 33...

So I had a Dr.'s appt on Wednesday and it didn't go as well as I would have liked. I didn't gain too much weight for the first time in a while which is great. But my urine came back with a +1 glucose. The nurse asked what I ate for lunch - a chicken sandwich. Then when I went into the Dr.'s office, he asked the same info. It wasn't the sandwich that did it. So he is concerned.
I have already gone through the glucose test and it came back fine - no GD for me. He said we'll see how it is on your next visit.
Then he took my blood pressure. Again he wasn't happy. He says that it has been consistently high these last few visits and he may have to put me on meds. Then he said that he's sending me to have an U/S because he's curious to see how the baby's growing. This is when I became a pack of nerves. Lucky for me, my DH happened to be with me for this visit. The baby's heartbeat was fine and I still feel the lil monkey kick a lot. So I guess we'll see.
The Dr expected the high blood pressure/pre-eclampsia because of the PCOS. I didn't mention to the Dr that I get a lot of headaches lately. I've been chaulking it up to the BP issue before he even said anything.
Work is starting to stress me out because I am the only one who does my job and they don't know who is going to replace me. So, I haven't trained anyone yet. My last day is the 21st of November. My boss is going to be gone for 2 weeks soon as his wife is due any day. So I'm very stressed. I'm sure this doesn't help my cause.
And I can't believe the knee and ankle joint pain that I feel now. It has been a week that I am woken up by this incredible ache. I can sleep maybe 3 hours in a row then I have to sit up and rub my knees and ankles. Then I have to walk around. It's so painful. I don't know how I'm going to last another 5 weeks of work.
But then again...it's only 5 more weeks of work.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hang in there San! You're getting great prenatal care, I'm sure everything will be fine!

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker