We had our course yesterday and we both walked away happy that we attended. We were given a tour of the hospital and the rooms where we deliver and of course the post-labour rooms. There are 2 types of post labour rooms - semi-private and private. My insurance will only cover semi-private and the private rooms are $175 extra per day. So we are in discussions over this. I don't want to be in a semi-private room. I want to be along with DH and new baby. So I guess we will see what happens. We were given breathing exercises and positions to help relieve the pain. Definitely helpful. The nurse who provided the course spoke about everything you could possibly want to know about. It made me feel a lot better. They also really emphasize the importance of the coach and I know DH will step up for the challenge. There are so many things still to think about! DH and I have to devise our pain plan. This will let him know when I can't take anymore and what needs to be done next. They have these beautiful tubs in the rooms with these large walk in showers. DH will be able to bring his swim trunks and be with me in both. They have birthing balls and CD players available. There is also a lounge in case you need a change of scenery. The renovations were completed on the delivery area just this past summer. So it all still looks great.
It's creeping up faster than I can keep up!!
But today I will be picking up the crib and change table - YAY!!!
I am so excited. I will also be able to really start sorting the room out. That's been nagging at me for the longest time.
I will have to post some pics when it's done!

No comments:
Post a Comment