Things have been pretty crazy lately but not very busy. Odd I know, but it's true.
I haven't written about my weight because I stayed the same as I did previously. So nothing interesting there.
We have started trying to sort out our flower beds and where we will put the garden. The flower beds are taking longer than we ever imagined. We took possession of this house last July so by the time we moved in on Sept 1, everything had grown so far out of control that we didn't even attempt to tackle it. The elderly gentleman that we bought the house from had lived here for 4 years but was unable to take care of it. The millions of rose bushes were OUT OF CONTROL. We have tried to tame them and will get rid of a lot of them. Then there are the bazillion peonies and all the ants they attract. More stuff to get rid of. Along the entire back of the house are hollyhocks. My hubby's favorite lol. They end up standing about 8-10ft tall. It's crazy I tell you.
On the side of the house, we have a crab apple tree and mcintosch apple tree. Around the base of both, making one long oval flower bed, are TONS of flowers that we didn't even know were there last year. So we are trying to fix that up. It's almost done. Then it will be a matter of weeding it every once in a while.
Maybe I should mention that we live in a house that was built in 1952 so there are a lot of mature trees and lilac bushes. It's beautiful but needs to be put under control.
Ok - back to my flower beds. In the front of the house, there is a slight hill. On this hill is a big flower bed that is framed by large stones, cemented together. There are some very pretty flowers in it as well. But you would never know it since it looks like a part of the lawn. It is full of grass and weeds. Since this is a job for 2 people, we tackled it on Sunday. We got only a third of it done and we filled 1 garbage bag with the weeds/grass. It's unbelievable.
That's pretty much what has been keeping me busy lately.
We both really love the whole gardening thing and putting around the house on a Sunday.
So we are going to try for the rest of the summer to stay put on Sundays and do some putting. I know, I know, we aren't that old yet! But let me tell you - we just love it :)
I'm going to try and attach some pics of the yard.

No comments:
Post a Comment