Saturday, April 5, 2008

Gotta be happy about something...

Good news first - I went to my WI this morning and lo and behold, I have lost another 2.5 lbs. w00t! I now have 20.5 lbs to go until goal weight. I can't wait!

Bad news. I went to my appt on Thursday and of course I still have 2 cysts that need to heal. So I am on a continued break. I have another appointment on May 1st to see if they have healed anymore. She did say that they have reduced since the last time. But not enough to start back with the meds. I then asked her if she thought I may have ovulated on my own since I have lost so much weight. And her response was, "about as likely as you did before". Nice. She didn't say it in a mean way or anything. I'm sure she was just being realistic about it. But after hearing that I was not going to start back on the fert drugs this month, I was pretty upset by her comment.
I was pretty sure I O'd this month...but who knows. I guess I will just wait and see.

Beware - mini vent/rant
I also got news that another one of my friends is pg. I am so happy for her but I was so sad and upset at the same time. I really wonder if it is going to happen for us. I mean it has been almost 2 1/2 years since we started this journey. The ups and downs are really taking their toll. I find that when I'm alone, it's all I think about and it brings me down. So much so that I am almost in tears. I know that my DH feels useless when he sees me like this, so I try not to let it show.
Then on Friday, about 20 min before the end of my work day, my boss hands me my time off request sheet back approved for May 1st and he says that I should go to my HR dept and tell them all about what I am going through. I almost died. He knows about it but he feels that they should be made aware as well because they have flagged me for my absences. Yay. Just what I need. To be watched and "spoken to" for absences on top of why I am going to all these appts. It's not upsetting enough. I'm afraid that if I tell them, it will make its way around the office. Then there's the point - it won't make a difference if I tell them why, they are still going to flag me for my absences and hold it against me at the end of the year when it is raise/bonus time. GAWD this is such a pain!!! I'm sure my boss is right and I should let them know.
I'm sure I'm PMSing - that's why I'm in a slump right now. I know I will bounce back soon enough :)

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker