Thursday, April 9, 2009

Shots, material, Milkface

Today was Princess G's 4 month shots. I went alone this time and thought that I would be a basket case. But I wasn't. And she only cried when they gave her the 2nd shot - the one that burns. After about 3 seconds, she was back to finishing her bottle. What a little trooper!
I still can't believe how fast it is going...I know I say it a lot, but it's true! It's flying WAY too fast. The stress of going back to work still sits in the back of my mind, even though I still have like 7 months to go. I just don't want to leave her with anyone. Period. I don't think I will be able to stay home full time just yet. DH is working on getting a new job, but that will take time.
I just have to be patient...which is definitely not one of my strong points. Not much I can do though.
I still haven't been to Ottawa as I had planned to pick up some material but the local store has a big sale 50% off everything. So, I bought local instead. Sale prices are more important than nice material at this point. But I picked up quite a bit to keep me happy for quite some time.
Now, I am set to make a few dresses for the little one, some blankets and bags. Oh and some aprons. It's gonna be fun!
I also wanted to go to Ottawa to check out this store called Milkface. I found them while I was doing some research on baby carriers. It is a store that is for breastfeeding but they have a great selection of carriers. They will actually let you come in and try them out. You may even take one home to try for a few days. I didn't want to buy one (or make one) and then not like it, so I'm looking forward to trying them out. With the nice weather coming, it's going to be perfect time to start. I have 3 carriers already (2 snugli and 1 baby Bjorn) and I think only 1 of them will be acceptable until I make it to Ottawa.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker