Thursday, August 18, 2011

Being a SAHM!

Even though I was home with DD for a year on mat leave and again with DS, it still is not the same as being home all. the. time. It's different. Being on mat leave is like vacation, you do things because you know you won't always have the opportunity. Now that I'm a SAHM, I have to schedule things so that I don't "do" everything all at once LOL. Don't get me wrong, I love being with the kids and seeing everything, being there for everything. But it does get crazy.
I am working towards a proper schedule to help me out. Pretty soon I will be alone at the house with the 2 kids so I definitely need to menu plan and schedule house cleaning. And with us trying to sell the house, I don't want to be running around like a maniac to clean before a showing.
And on the house selling note...still nothing. I wonder if this house is ever going to sell.
Back to our crazy life. Because DH is military, I am home with the kids by myself. I have help sometimes from family, but usually just me. It's pretty crazy. It's tough going shopping with the 2 kids, my DD is FIERCLY independent. She wants to go where she wants to go and that's that. So there are a lot of power struggles but I don't shy away from the confrontations when we are out and about. I can't. I hate the attention it draws and what some people must be saying but I have no choice. So when you see someone with some crazy kids - please be patient LOL.
I love being there for the kids. I just know that I need them to be involved in more programs. Unfortunately, they don't have any out this way. I will be trying a "gym" class out for DD but it's 45 min away. And pretty pricey too. I would take the kids swimming but there has to be 1 parent per child. So until I can clone myself, it's just me.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker