Monday, January 10, 2011

Latest update on me!

Well, the 6 weeks without my hubby were tough. I won't lie. There were great days with the kids and not so great days. But I just really missed my hubby. And he lost phone privelages after his first week so that made things so much harder. And of course, a lot happened while he was away. Just before he left, an aunt passed away. She was an aunt that didn't have any family left, she was alone. We took her in and made her part of the family, coming to every family gathering. There was no warning, she just passed away while she was in the hospital having tests done on her legs. Luckily, my DH was home for that and I could go to the funeral. Now I'm helping my Dad go through her things and empty her apartment. DH left on Nov 6. My only grandparent, my Nanny, went in to the hospital on the 13th of Nov because she had vertigo for like a week and it wasn't getting better. The news wasn't good. She'd had several small strokes. Then had a major one WHILE in the hospital - the hospital really dropped the ball and had so many screw ups!!! But that's a whole other post! I managed to have the kids babysat so that I could go to MTL to see my Nanny who was in a coma. That was the afternoon of Nov 24th. She passed away at around 2am on the 25th. I'm still devestated by it. We are a huge family and grandkids were my Nanny's main focus in life. She had 20 grandkids and 5 great-grandkids. My Mom was the oldest and her favorite. Everyone knew that. My Mom took care of my Nanny and brought her with us on vacations and such. When my Mom passed away almost 20 years ago, I took it upon myself to take care of her. Don't get me wrong her other children took care of her but since I was single at the time and lived 2 mins from her, I took her for groceries, banking, getting new glasses and everything in between. We also went shopping a lot - my Nanny's fave thing to do LOL. I guess you could say I was her fave grandchild. My Nanny was my "last" direct link to my Mom. She lost her daughter and I lost my mom - we understood eachothers loss. All this to say that I had to deal with the loss of my Nanny on my own. My DH couldn't make it out for her visitation or funeral. It was tough dealing with this and looking after my munchkins. Let me tell you that when my DH showed up here by surprise on the 10th of Dec (he got the weekend off!!), I hugged him and didn't let him go. He went back on the Sunday but came back on the 15th of Dec for a 25 day vacation. That was fantastic!!! The sucky part...we were sick almost the entire time. DH gave me a cold when he came down on his first weekend off and then we all got the stomach bug. Very thankful that it all happened while he was here.
So now, DH has gone back but should get weekends off now. Here's hoping. He does have his phone and ipod so we will at least be able to keep in touch that way. It makes such a difference.
He graduates on the 10th of March and leaves for his next posting on the 11th. The thing is that we have no clue where that is going to be. And if we will be going with him or not.
I'm set to go back to work on the 29th of March and I really don't want to go. We are leaning towards me becoming a SAHM but we'll see. It will all depend on his posting. But spending $1000/mo on daycare just doesn't make sense to me. It wouldn't be bad if I was making my old salary but I'm not. So I really don't know what we are going to do. We've also started talking about how many babies we really want to have. I have to consider my age...I'm almost 37. We were thinking of starting on baby #3 around the end of April, but of course it will depend on the posting as well. Then DH mentioned just the other day, that he would like to have 4 kids!!! A sister and a brother for our 2 munchkins. I would have loved to have 4 but I don't know. I guess it will be a wait and see kind of thing! But baby 3 is for sure. So we will start on that one later this year.
Ok, I know I covered a lot, but I'm hoping to stay on top of this blog a little more and then I won't have so much to say all at once LOL

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker