My journey with PCOS, weight loss, TTC, motherhood, military life and life in general!
Friday, March 26, 2010
Pregnancy update
I guess I should begin with the update on my pregnancy. It has been one heck of a pregnancy. My first was really good even though I had sciatic pains and symphisys (sp?) pain. But this time around, it has been on a whole new level. This little bugger is sitting SUPER low and is just a huge monster. At almost 32 weeks, the baby weighed in at 4lbs 14oz. A little monster by any scale LOL. I had been having some mild cramping for about 2 weeks when finally on Tuesday, I noticed some orangey/pink tinge on the TP. That freaked me out. But I thought, it's nothing. By Wed. morning, it became more pink than anything else and the cramps became more like period cramps. I went to work like usual and called my OB's office. They told me to go to the ER. From the ER, I was sent up to the L&D case room where they set me up to be monitored. Lo and behold, I was having contractions less than 5 mins apart. WOW! At least now I can finally say I know what contractions are LOL. I was put on an IV for fluids and my OB did an internal check of my cervix. Cervix was closed and not efacing. He also did a fetal protein test to see if I was in pre-term labour. He didn't want to wait for the results, so he went ahead and gave me the steroids to help the baby's lungs. I was admitted to the hospital for the night. The test came back negative which is great. But I still had to be monitored for the night. I didn't get out until yesterday around 4pm. The contractions have diminished to nothing and no more spotting. My OB has put me on rest for a week. Problem is I have no more vacay time left since I was set to start my mat leave next Thrusday. Oh well, guess I'm starting it early!! So I'm home but resting for now. My c/s is scheduled for April 29th but I think this baby may come a little earlier, either on his/her own or by my OB uping the date of my c/s.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment