Sunday, July 6, 2008

Homeownership...

I haven't been around lately because all we've been working on is the house. Inside and out.
It just never ends.
DH just finished sealing the driveway and it took 4- 18L pails to almost finish it. We need 1 more pail to be able to finish the driveway completely. Luckily, our other driveway is gravel.
We also bought exterior paint so that we can paint the house. We knew this had to be done when we bought the house. Probably one of the reasons it was on the market so long is because there was a lot of work to be done. It's not so much expensive work but labour intensive.
Because I don't have the same stamina as before, I tend to work in the gardens. Important none the less.
We've also painted the baby's room. It definitely needs a second coat. That will be done this week. Then by September, we will put in the new floor.
I enjoy seeing the before and afters of it all. It really shows how far the house has come. We are not ready to sell but we always keep that in mind when we do any updates.
There is a beautiful hobby farm on the market not too far from us. 30 acres of land with barns and of course the original farm house built in 1892. It's so what we would love. However, we are not there yet. We both want land to be able to have our own animals and a HUGE garden. And of course to let the kids just be able to go out and play. We want them to have room to go out and use their imagination. Not be the kind of kids who sit in front of a TV/video game/computer all the time.
We aren't there yet, but we will get there. That's for sure.
I actually want a big farmhouse and I want my father to come and live with us. This way here he can do as he pleases and he doesn't HAVE to take care of everything himself. And of course he won't be alone. Of course these are all just thoughts/ideas right now. Nothing will be changing in the short term but definitely a long term goal.

No comments:

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker