My DH and I now have a morning ritual where I lie on my right side and my hubby cuddles with me but puts his left hand on the belly. He waits until he feels a good solid kick/punch and then we get up. This morning, hubby had to have a chat with the lil monkey! Once he did, the baby gave him a real good kick/punch. It is so incredible.
We are both still reminding eachother that this is real! I catch myself checking out my reflection every chance I get. It's hard to believe the belly is mine lol.
We have finally started to buy a few things for the monkey. I had a lot of stuff already from my godson, but there were a few things that I wanted to buy. Now, I have to pick up the little things that I wasn't sure of like nursing pads, bottles, stuff for me and hubby while at the hospital. DH is starting to get anxious - he asked me yesterday if I had packed my bag and the baby's bag!! We are getting there, we picked up a cute little outfit to bring the baby home in. We bought a size that would fit a 10lb baby since we have no clue how big this lil monkey will be lol. And even though 10lbs sounds big... it is a tiny little sleeper.
The baby's room is still not ready. But things are slowly getting done. We did see a nice crib and change table on sale at Sears. But I am still supposed to be buying the crib off my gfriend from work. However, her son is still in it. This makes me a little nervous. I was hoping to have it by August and we are a few days away from Oct. I don't want to put pressure but on the other hand...we would like to set up the baby's room! I have no choice but to inquire this week because if she doesn't have a plan for when he will be changing beds, then we will buy the crib and mattress. Not sure if we will buy a change table or not. Will you be buying one? I've heard different opinions on this - some don't bother and say it is a waste of money and others swear by it!! What do you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment